SALT LAKE CITY (Jan. 14, 2022) — Click on here to observe this week’s COVID-19 briefing.
ASL interpretation is offered. Traducción al español en EmergenciasUtah.
Some info from this briefing contains:
- The virus is so prevalent proper now that anyone who has signs ought to assume they’re constructive. And virtually anyone who has spent any time in public settings over the previous two weeks ought to assume they’ve been uncovered.
- People who find themselves symptomatic don’t want to hunt out testing and as a substitute ought to isolate at dwelling for 5 days. They need to then put on a masks for at the least 5 extra days.
- Take a look at to Keep packages at colleges are on maintain. Given the fast unfold of Omicron, and the widespread availability of vaccines for school-aged youngsters, well being officers have advisable we defer all Take a look at to Keep occasions. Till Take a look at to Keep resumes, colleges should proceed to emphasize the significance of staying dwelling if somebody is sick or has a constructive take a look at end result and to comply with the present isolation steerage from the Division of Well being.
- Some individuals, nonetheless, ought to completely nonetheless search testing — together with those that have an underlying situation that places you at high-risk for extreme illness; are visiting a susceptible particular person; work in a well being care or congregate dwelling setting and have been uncovered or are symptomatic; or who examined constructive beforehand or are getting over signs and are looking for affirmation that an infection has handed when you’re exiting isolation.
- Greater than 70% of individuals ages 12 and older at the moment are totally vaccinated, and virtually 38% of adults have gotten their booster.